THE NEWEST FLOORING TREND: CORETEC FLOORING
Keep Up to Date with California’s Best Flooring Company
When it comes to flooring options, there are a lot of things to consider. Do you go for something really durable? Cost-effective? Easy to install? Eco-friendly? Beautiful? Usually, you have to pick and choose your top flooring priorities, but a new product makes it possible to have it all. We like to think of ourselves as the best flooring company from Roseville to Elk Grove, so of course we stay up to date on the latest flooring trends. Let us tell you about a flooring option that everybody is raving about: COREtec Plus.
SEE ALSO: Trends in Window Treatments
WHAT IS CORETEC PLUS?
You wouldn’t know it from the picture above, but COREtec is actually vinyl plank. Now before you dismiss it out of hand, you should know that this is not your ordinary type of vinyl. The engineered planks have a cork underlay and four-sided enhanced micro-beveled edges and ends, which is a fancy way of saying they’re engineered to look just like hardwood flooring. The core is made out of recycled wood, bamboo dust, limestone and virgin PVC.
WHAT MAKES IT SO GREAT?
Let’s look back at those flooring options we mentioned at the beginning and see how COREtec holds up.
- Durability: Vinyl is known for being quite resilient, and COREtec is no exception (that’s why it comes with a limited lifetime warranty). It’s great for wet areas because it won’t swell when exposed to water the way that hardwood would. The cork underlay is also naturally resistant to mold and mildew and helps with sound insulation.
- Cost: COREtec is going to be far less expensive than hardwood, so it’s a great budget-friendly flooring choice. It is typically pricier than laminate.
- Installation: COREtec used to have a drop & lock installation process, but in recent years, they’ve transitioned to an angle/tap process, which is entirely glueless. Once you’ve prepped the subfloor and decided on a nice arrangement of planks, you just add one plank to another at an angle, then tap into place. Install it yourself or have our team handle it for you!
- Eco-friendly: COREtec products are GREENGUARD Gold certified, which means they met rigorous standards for EPA emissions tests. They also use recycled materials.
- Beauty: They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don’t think you’d find many people who don’t like the appearance of COREtec. It really does look just like hardwood.
This flooring option is rapidly growing in popularity for homes throughout California. If you’d like to see COREtec in person, visit one of our showrooms near you. You’ll get to see firsthand why RCO Home Improvement is the best flooring company around.
Have more questions about flooring product or installation services? Give us a call at 916.782.1188 or fill out this questionnaire!
on Wednesday, 03 May 2017. Posted in Best Flooring Company Roseville, CA, Best Flooring Company