Serving Northern California Since 1962

PROUD MEMBER OF CARPET ONE
California Renovation Logo

WHAT IS THE BEST COUNTERTOP FOR MY NEW BATHROOM

Bathroom countertops must play the demanding role of serving as the ever-busy morning rush hour work surface that must stand up to water, cosmetics, and soap. On top of that, they must remain durable and also nice looking. The countertop you get for your new bathroom must also be the connecting and focal point where everything such as your tile wall and cabinets meets. This highlights why choosing the best countertop is important.

Granite or Marble

Beautiful, long-lasting, and stain resistant, granite is the crème-de-la-crème of countertops. It’s not only the easiest to clean but the most durable among all natural stone materials used in making countertops. While relatively expensive, granite has an elegant look that is truly unique.

On the other side, marble has graced homes for centuries because of its gracefulness typically associated with class, privilege, and wealth. Marble is long lasting and can go with every bathroom style. It’s also very strong and will resist most chips or dents.

Quartz or Engineered Stone

Quartz ranks among the most bountiful and hardest natural minerals available. Quartz countertops are usually made with 90% organic quartz with the rest 10% coming from resin, pigments, and recycled content. Some people will even swear that quartz has better looks than granite. It’s available in a broad range of vibrant tones, and never requires polishing or sealing. Perhaps the best thing about quartz is that it’s moisture, bacteria, and scratch resistant. It can, however, be quite expensive.

Laminate

Once considered old-fashioned by most home designers, today laminate is thought as one of the best countertop options if the budget is a concern. Available in a wide selection of finishes that include some that resemble granite or other solid surfaces, laminate is a great choice because of the versatility of the material. It’s relatively stain-proof and stands up to water quite well, and doesn’t dent, dull or burn.

Solid-Surface Materials

Designed to imitate natural stone, solid surface countertops are growing in popularity. Known by their brand names such as Staron, Corian, Avonite and Gilbraltar, these easy-to-maintain synthetic materials can be molded to suit your design specification. If you are concerned about mildew or mold, these solid-surface countertops are a good option. They are non-porous, and their hypoallergenic surfaces deter the growth of such allergens.

Concrete

Countertops made with concrete stone are an inexpensive bathroom option. They make an attractive choice that allows fabrication flexibility to fit your bathroom. In addition, they can be of any color you choose. Concrete countertops are also extremely durable.

Glass Countertop

A glass countertop gives your bathroom a contemporary flair. Glass is easy to clean, stylish, and durable. Because it’s not porous, glass doesn’t require sealing.

Choosing the best bathroom countertop is typically a matter of the materials used, the style, ease-of-cleaning, and your budget. But you also need to pick a countertop that’s functional and nice looking.

Learn about accessories for modern bathroom
Click here about Chico
Click here about Citrus Heights
Click here about Roseville

Home    |    History    |    Showroom    |    The California Renovation Way    |    California Renovation Magazine - July 2017    |    Home Spaces
Commercial Spaces    |    Projects    |    Services    |    Blog    |    Contact    |    Sitemap

CALIFORNIA
RENOVATION
CITRUS HEIGHTS

6000 Auburn Blvd.,
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
Showroom: 916.728.4000
 
(Formerly RCO Flooring Outlet)

Store Hours

M-F - 7am to 5:30pm
Sat - 10am to 3pm
Sun - Closed

CALIFORNIA
RENOVATION
ROSEVILLE

1109 Smith Lane
Roseville CA 95661
Showroom: 916.782.1188
 
(Formerly Roseville Carpet One)

CARPET ONE ROSEVILLE

Store Hours

M-F - 9am to 6pm
Sat - 10am to 5pm
Sun - 12:30pm to 4:30pm

CALIFORNIA
RENOVATION
CHICO

California Renovation Chico CA

2525 Dominic Drive
Chico CA 95928
Showroom: 530.343.1661
 
(Formerly Chico Carpet One)

CARPET ONE CHICO

Store Hours

M-F - 10am to 6pm
Sat - 10am to 3pm
Sun - By Appointment

     houzz icon

Copyright © California Renovation     |     Proudly Powered by Evergreens Web